Monday, April 16, 2007

Today I love more than I don't



I love...

I love the scent of rain and soil
I love that most people love the scent of rain and soil
I love sunshine, in all its forms, with all my heart
I love the sound of my mother’s voice on the other end of the line, on a bad day
I love the impending birth of my very first niece (or nephew, of course)
I love being in the middle of a heated, often crazy, funny discussion with “the boys”
I love it when people who know me well say things I am already thinking
I love laughing about absolutely nothing...and about bad times that have now passed
I love cold fresh pineapple juice on a hot day, when I least expect that the restaurant of my choice serves it
I love those who keep me in check, tell me the truth, even when I don’t want to hear it.
I love the phrase: “I get over the highs…”
I love music… a lot…
I love memorable movies that I can watch over and over again and never get bored
I love the memories I have of my grandmother
I love that my brother is my memory bank, lest I forget
I love fresh grapes….and red wine
I love a good party, so good that my body hurts the next morning from all the dancing
I love taking long walks...
I love meeting new, crazy cool people that I never thought existed
I love uninhibited fantasizing sessions with my friends
I love waking up to the memory of a crazy, out of this world, complex, Matrix type dream
I love our flat…it’s big and sunny...and I have a room I can retreat to and be with just me...and someone else, occasionally.
I love the fact that I am able to take time out of my days to do something as self-indulgent as blogging
I love the fact that I can type almost as fast as I can think


I don’t like, so much:

I don’t like, so much, that I smoke so much
I don’t like, so much, that I hardly ever do what I plan to do
I don’t like, so much, that I live in the now so much
I don’t like, so much, that I am afraid so much
I don’t like, so much, that I can be very self indulgent
I don’t like, so much, horny construction workers that hurl nasty come-on lines at me when I’m taking the walks that I love so much
I don’t like, so much, cold feet
I don’t like, so much, the idea of me wearing heels
I don’t like, so much, mean ass hairdressers with issues (mnxim!)
I don’t like, so much, my mother being broke…
I don’t like, so much, being ill….and hospitals
I don’t like, so much, the fact that everyday I find it harder to recognise my own hand writing.
I don’t like, so much, the creeping claustrophobic feeling of living in Jozi
I don’t like, so much, that I cannot afford to travel
I don’t like, so much, the phrase: “I don’t like, so much”
I hate that this post is much longer than I intended it to be…


One more thing that I love? I love that there are more things I love than there are things I don’t like so much….today, that is!

No comments: